Content now plays an important role in attracting customers and leads and getting noticed in the search engines. If your content is not up to scratch, you could be losing business and search rankings. An audit is also handy if you are considering rebuilding your website and would like to know which pieces of content are worth keeping and which content should be removed. A content audit will also assist you with planning your future content direction.
We look at;
- The quantity of the content and the types of content (written/video/info-graphics etc.)
- The relevance of the content and relate-ability to other content
- The SEO of your content
- How much traffic your content is receiving
- The quality of your content – grammar, well written – is it clear and easy to understand
- If the content has CTA’s (Call to action)
- If it is up to date
- If the content is duplicated (& may be causing Search Engine penalties)
- If it follows your style guide
So how much is a content audit?
This is dependent upon the size of your website and how much content needs to be evaluated.
Contact us to find out more and how we can help you get your content under control.